Image Map

May 4, 2018

Weekly Wins: First of May {Fitness and Surgery}

First Friday in May, holler! Confession, I've been saying HOLLER a lot and I have NO FREAKING idea why. Honestly, the phrase just showed up in my vernacular and I keep saying it. Someone come remind me I'm not a 21 year old college girl, please and thanks.

Weekly wins include:

+ Two AWESOME BARRE classes I choreographed. One was on the fly and the other I spent time on and I'm grateful BOTH were a success. Seriously, getting kudos after a class means the world.

+ Getting praise for my lifting technique by my fitness manger, YAAAAAAS!

+ Four fantastic training sessions with clients.

+ Today marks ONE YEAR since my gallbladder removal. Insane! I was so scared about the surgery but needed it desperately because I was in so much pain. I have a one year post in the works because the body really has changed.

+ And awesome Bible study which is helping to ease my fear during this time of struggle and doubt.

+ Dialing in my macros and starting to feel less fluffy. Also, SLEEP!

+ A short week because I'm now in Ohio for Le Husband's baseball State Championship reunion. So excited to hug and play with my lil nephews, I've missed them a lot!

+ Lots of facetimes with Sportyspice and my lil niece. Less than 20 days until I see them.

+ Reuniting with the BIG BOY WEIGHTS and working with a handstand coach. I've neglected my own workouts the past two months and can feel a difference in my body. Lifting heavy things makes me happy and working towards a new goal really dials my effort to another level. I'm thinking of restarting my fitness blog, talking about the differences in workouts because I've so missed lifting.




Before I leave, I have an devastating prayer request regarding people I care about [those who are pregnant, might want to skip, I'm sorry to write it out but prayers are needed]. Tragically a friend of mine's sister, Laura, who was supposed to go into labor earlier this week with her son, Tyler, received the horrendous news her son no longer had a heartbeat due to suffocation by umbilical cord. Please lift up the family, lift up Laura and pray for peace. There are no words, no words for this suffering. If anyone knows of a support group for mothers, PLEASE let me know so I can pass on the information to my friend. Thank you so much , wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend. < 3


8 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year already! I am so sorry for your friend. My thoughts & prayers are with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week you've had!! Hoping you have a great weekend as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are always on the move. Have fun this weekend. So proud of you for getting back to big weights, I miss them sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo sorry for your friend Laura. That is completely devastating. And definitely something that I had always feared. Sending prayers her way. You are a beast when it comes to working out. I definitely want to up my game and be more like you. I need to get back to the handstands again. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol @ Holler! You've been killing it at the gym and your classes. Have fun in Ohio with your hubby and family! So sorry to hear the devastating news about your friend Laura. I can't even imagine what she is going through. Sending prayers her way! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an inspiration my friend! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! New post idea for fitness blog: changing your diet to positively affect sleep. (And what are Macros? And who are all these people talking about them? I feel like people need to know!)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!