Image Map

June 4, 2014

Always Make Your Bed

I'm sure many of you saw this article, Lessons from a Navy Seal.   floating around the inter-webs last week.  Admiral William H. McRaven spoke at his alma mater, University of Texas, for their graduation and his commencement address was incredible. Just, absolutely wonderful.

I'll let you read the reasoning behind all of his ten points, but for those that want the quick version, below are the ten points that can help you change the world. I've highlighted my favorites in pink [imsuretheadmiralwouldgagifhereadhere] and written my take on a few as well. I hope you find the time to read the original article, it's truly thought provoking.

#1. If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed. Often, the smallest thing can be a catalyst for the largest thing. Make your bed and start your day off right.

#2. If you want to change the world, find someone to help you paddle.

#3. If you want to change the world, measure a person by the size of their heart, not the size of their flippers. As a petite pinky, I've always had to prove my worth, despite my size. Whether you think you're too big or too small, if you heart tells you that you can do something, you're already halfway there.

#4. If you want to change the world get over being a sugar cookie and keep moving forward.

#5. But if you want to change the world, don’t be afraid of the circuses.  

#6. If you want to change the world sometimes you have to slide down the obstacle head first.

#7. So, if you want to change the world, don’t back down from the sharks. Stand up to the bullies, the mean friends and the office jerks. Don't let them make you feel inferior.


#8. If you want to change the world, you must be your very best in the darkest moment.

#9. So, if you want to change the world, start singing when you’re up to your neck in mud. A positive attitude can change your day or your life. Drop the constant negativity and just sing it out. Life can get hard, but when you grumble you make it worse. Chin up, buttercup.


#10. If you want to change the world don’t ever, ever ring the bell. NEVER EVER EVER QUIT LIFE! If something doesn't work out, don't let it be because you quit early. 

I hope this inspires you, just a bit. 

Have a wonderful day! < 3  

13 comments:

  1. So true! I didn't see this article but I have to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the speech and article. So true and great words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this - I actually didn't catch this last week so I'm so happy that you shared these points!! #10!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didnt see this article, so thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! And totally agreed with the ones you highlighted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great words to live by, I have not seen this before! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words to live by, I have not seen this before! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great words to live by, I have not seen this before! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this. AND i have really tried to make an effort and make my bed each morning for the past few weeks. it is crazy how much that helps me feel put together

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to run upstairs and make my bed now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this yet! I love it! I totally agree I make my bed every morning and it sets my tone for the whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops... I only make my bed when I have company! hahahaha ;P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. But I totally don't make my bed. Oops!

    Also - you know it's lunch time when I read "sugar cookie" and my mouth starts drooling. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!