Image Map

May 18, 2013

Blog Every Day in May [Day 18]



Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt
WOW!

There are SOOO many fun memories to choose from,
but they would take forever to recap.

After marinating on this prompt for awhile
I've decided to share
how my best friend L & I would 'marry'
her youngest brother to Babyspice.

YUP, full on KID Wedding!


These would take place when our parents went out of town 
for various meetings on weekends 
and we were all together at my house. 

L and I were old enough to be babysitters
but still too young to drive or do anything
that involved leaving the house.

Sometimes it was too cold to play outside
and we all could never agree on a movie.

But, somehow, L & I were able to convince my 
two sisters and her two brothers to play wedding.

IT was ridiculously silly but at the time
we were SOOO SERIOUS!

The living room was the church.

The dining room was the reception area.

We had dress up dresses for the bride
bridesmaids
and our toy dolls were the flower girls.

I played hair dresser for Babyspice
and we used fake make up for our
oh so sophisticated looks.


Our wedding cake was a Rice Krispies cake
with sprinkles mixed in with the marshmallows.

 We wrote out the wedding programs.

We used a random CD for the processional music.

Her brother was the priest and we sang hymns
and the two 'getting married'
recited 'wedding vows'.

I can't tell you how many times we played
this wedding game.

We EVEN made our parents sit
through the ceremony once.

We thought we were so cool
and our parents tried SOO hard not to laugh.

These fake weddings were so much fun
when I was kid
and I can't help but look back on them fondly.

Oh the innocence of make believe!

2 comments:

  1. bahahahahahaha. So funny! Maybe you're meant to be a wedding planner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you said you were going to have trouble planning a wedding?!?! :) You've been doing it forever! HAHA Love this story! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!