Image Map

December 27, 2012

Sadness After Christmas




Last year, I wrote how December 27th is the most depressing day of the year, and here we are again.

Late last night, the Christmas hangover blues hit me in full force and I've been melancholy ever since.

Today I'm still feeling down and out of sorts.

I wish that this was just a funk and I could talk my way out of it,
but sadly it's more than just the after Christmas blues.

Yesterday, my great aunt A passed away semi-suddenly.

She was hospitalized this weekend for pneumonia, and sadly her lungs were not strong enough to fight.

We were planning to have lunch with her this weekend, but when she fell ill,
we postponed until after Christmas.

Aunt A was suffering, but that doesn't make goodbye any easier.

Saturday will probably be the funeral
and I can't help but think Saturday was supposed to be lunch.


I am extremely sad we won't be able to have our lunch, 
and I can't give her a hug again.

My heart hurts for her daughter, for my mom and for my grandfather.

We received the news yesterday, right as the family
was heading out for shopping and then a movie.

Since it was Mama B's birthday, we all rallied
and had a good day of distraction.

But, once I drove home to my apartment, the sadness
and melancholy hit. 

I'm probably going to be MIA the rest of this week. 

I just don't have it in me to post a Christmas recap,
while grieving. 

I'll be back next week with Christmas fun
and some New Year's fun too :)!

I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful holiday. 

Remember, we still celebrate Christmas until Epiphany :)


8 comments:

  1. Im so sorry to hear about your aunt passing. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girly girl I am so so sorry for your loss! If you need anything please dont hesitate to ask! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss girl. My thoughts are with you, but rejoice in the Lord and know she is in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss love. My heart goes out to you and your family. RIP Auntie :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss love. My heart goes out to you and your family. RIP Auntie :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Thoughts and prayers <3

    And I'm totally feeling the December 27th blues today. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers! I hope your heart feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally get the post-Christmas blues too friend but, my goodness, you had a rough one. so sorry to hear about your aunt sweet friend. i hope your new year brings you so much joy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!