Image Map

September 4, 2012

Weeeeeeeeeeekend recap

Hooooooray, the 3 day weekend is over
[said no one EVER]!

Dash it all, I wish we had ONE more day, just one!

Well, I had a fabulous weekend over here and hope y'all did too.

Nothing special went on, just a bunch of chill time which was wonderful.

***************************************

 Friday night after work C and I went to hit golf balls at the driving range. Since I haven't been able to work out, lots of food hasn't seemed tasty to me at all. C felt the same way that night and we COULDN'T for the life of us decide what we wanted to eat. NOTHING sounded good, until he said, "cereal?" and I said "Lucky Charms?" we both said "SOLD!" went to the store and behold our dinner.

Twas glorious in it's own and we were both happy campers. We watched Roddick rock the US Open [so sad he's retiring] then off to bed because I was exhausted from the week.

Saturday morning was supposed to be laid back and easy, but alas life happens. We both woke up late for the farmer's market and missed out on eggs and all the good stuff, "confound it RAJA"! After some major pouting, I found what I wanted, bought myself some flowers and we were on our way to run errands. As start walking to the first store, C reaches for his wallet, and it's not there.

So we go back to the car and look. AND LOOK! AND LOOK AND LOOK!

NO WALLET anywhere!
[cue four letter word]

The only thing we could think of was it must have been left at the farmer's market, so we made a beeline back to the market. Luckily most of the vendors were still there so went to each one asking if they had found a wallet. NO dice!

C tore his car apart in the parking lot. No dice!

We searched and search in the parking lot. No dice!

Since the market was across the street from a police station, I decided to go and see if a good Samaritan found and returned his wallet. C gave me 'yeah right look', but I went anyway. A kind lady came to greet me at the door and when I started my story she immediately asked me his last name, and I about fainted!

A wonderful, kind, amazing and trust worthy soul found his wallet, didn't take ANYTHING and turned it into the police station. There ARE good people in the world! God heard my crazy jumbled prayers, and let the right person find the wallet. Our God is an AWESOME GOD!

With the wallet found, our weekend was saved.

A friend of ours graciously offered C and I extra tickets to see Cirque's show Totem so we met them for the afternoon show. It was pretty good, but not my favorite. I enjoyed Kooza much more. But, Cirque people are crazy talented!

 After the show we went to National Harbor for dinner and lil Babyspice met up with us. The plan was to go out after dinner, but a monsoon came and we all decided heading home at 930pm in a monsoon was better than later in the night. There was a stop made at Cakelove for some delicious cupcakes before we left.
Pretty harbor early in the afternoon
Sunday was my PLANNED day to go to the pool after church.

Mother nature DID NOT cooperate!
It rained all afternoon!
Yucky yucky gross gross!

So, instead of baking myself in the sun, I baked goodies.
While watching Disney's Peter Pan
[Such a lost treasure]

Homemade brownies and Reese's peanut butter chocoloate cookies.
SO GOOD!

But, I'm a baker not an eater. I enjoy baking the food,
but rarely eat the finished product.
Winning for me....losing for the family.

Luckily MONDAY the sun came out to play.

So I spent the whole day at the pool. The family had an "End of Summer" cookout and it was so much fun. I enjoyed squeezing the last bit of pool life out, and had some quality time with the Beau and the fam.

The rest of Monday was spent cleaning, prepping for the week and...........RUNNING!

YES, I am RUNNING again, woot woot!
I'm wearing a brace, but ran yesterday and this morning
 and I'm BACK Y'ALL!

Feels soo good, you have NO IDEA!
Lil Miss workout thang is back, WOOHOO!!

*******************************

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm linking up with Sami today!

12 comments:

  1. I love Peter Pan! One of my favorites. And cereal for dinner is a very frequent thing at our house. Yay for Lucky Charms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe his wallet was turned in!! There are still good people left in this world!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is great that someone turned in his wallet ! You just dont find people like that now a days! Way to have your weekend saved! I baked on Sunday as well! Chocolate chip cookies and no bake energy peanut butter bites. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Lucky charms sound AMAZING! :) YAY for running! So glad you're able to work out again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome that you guys found the wallet. faith in humanity = restored, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great weekend! thats crazy someone actually did something nice & turned in his wallet! wahoo! so will your weather now just go cold? are pool days over for good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend! So glad you found C's wallet. I'm sure you were both super relieved!

    How was Totem? I absolutely love Cirque. My favorite show is Varekai.

    And about those baked goods. I'm definitely an eater, send them my way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, now I want cereal, and I'm soooo jealous of that pool!

    Stopping in from weekend update!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wallet story! It's great to hear that there are good people out there! Jealous of your pool time, I was outside most of the weekend but no tan :( Glad to hear you are able to run again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend even with the ups and downs!! Yay for the good Samaritan..that is AMAZING. I'm also happy to hear you are running. I know how much that means to you! Congrats, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lot of fun! Perfect holiday weekend...minus the wallet scare (but so glad that worked out ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once ate an entire box of Lucky Charms in one sitting....and then ate two bowls of Frosted Flakes.

    I love cereal.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!