Image Map

March 19, 2012

St. Paddy's Recap

Hello and happy Monday y'all. Did you have a great weekend? Celebrate with the luck o the Irish!?!? I hope that whatever you did you had fun and were safe too. 

I spent mine chillin' and illin' for reals. I was knocked on my hiney from Weds to mid Friday with some wacko bug. Seriously y'all it was no bueno. I haven't been that sick in a long time. I'm talking fever, body ache and the inability to really do anything but rest on the couch or in bed. I'm pretty sure I had the flu minus the tummy sickness (thank goodness) which I haven't had since college. Thankfully by Saturday I was more of myself only with less energy, which to some might not be a bad thing ;)!

***Thank you for all of your sweet comments and feel better wishes. They truly made my day Thursday when I was able to actually look at a computer screen. Y'all are the bestest-esty***

I enjoy St. Patrick's day, but it has never been one of my favorite holiday's to celebrate. I don't drink beer (yucko) so many of the all day beer drinking festivals aren't for me. I'm much more of a Cinco de Mayo Margarita kind of gal! ;)

This year, I had planned to visit T since her man was DJing a party, but le sickness kind of change that plan. Instead, I kept everything low key and pretty much spent the day with Sportyspice. We are dog sitting this week while our parents are out West skiing this week (jerks didn't even invite us, how rude!) so we are using their house as our home base. 

Although living at their house is a wee bit inconvenient there are some perks. I mean, I haven't eaten  THIS cereal in yeaaaaaaars!
Apple Jacks, those are IRISH colors right!?!?
After breakfast, dog walking and retrieving our parent's car from the airport it was a pretty lazy and chill day over here. We enjoyed the beautiful sunshine by tanning in the back yard and taking long walks with the dog. A family SportySpice used to nanny invited us to dinner for our FIRST Corned Beef and Cabbage experience. Yes, until Saturday I had NEVER eaten a traditional St. Paddy's day dinner. Despite my apprehension, I was pleasantly surprised with both the beef and cabbage and must say I enjoyed the food more than expected. Hooray for trying new things!

My night was so chill I only had ONE glass of Moscato, can you believe it?!?! Well, being sick wasn't the only cause, Sissy and I decided to go bowl a game or two, and I wanted to only see 10 pins ;)! She and I had a lot of fun bowling and just hanging out, I am so blessed to have her as a sister and SO CLOSE to home. Some may call our evening lame, but I had a great time and that's all that truly matters. 

  Even though everything was chill I was still sporting my IRISH GREEN!
Picture inspired, leprechaun approved :)
What did you do for St. Paddy's day?!?!?  <3

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! Sounds like a good weekend. The traditional St. Patty's meal sounds yummo. Looove the green nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick is the WORST!!!!! Love the nails... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun St. Paddy's day! Low key can sometimes be better than going all out! :) Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!