Image Map

January 11, 2012

Meeeet Princess Kate

What? You thought I meant Kate Middleton?

 Pshaw, if you don't know what I'm talking about then you haven't been paying attention. As teacher Sportyspice would say "Use your CONTEXT clues!" ;)!

Ladies and...err Ladies, allow me to present to you,
 the one and only (well kind of)
PRINCESS KATE of my heart!
(Please ignore the superflat horrific coif of hair...it was snowing and someone forgot her hat)

 I mean, ya'll...can we say PRESH to the ISH!?!?!?

 She is soooooooo soooo tiny! Like teenytinyuberlittle!

Oh hey Mom, what's up? Is it time to eat yet?

I was able to see Mama L and Princess Kate in the hospital on Monday. She was only a little over 36 hours old when I got to hold her. 36 HOURS into her life, isn't that crazy! Pregnancy, our bodies and babies are SUCH miracles when you think about it....WOW!

Being able to hold her was incredibly moving, she was so tiny and really was asleep the whole time. When she cried it was so quiet and honestly cute but heart wrenching at the same time. I feel so blessed to have been at the hospital so soon after she was born. Mama L was quite tired as you can imagine, but we were able to chat for awhile. She fell asleep for alittle bit so I just held Princess Kate and rocked her in the room. My heart felt SO FULL, it was so incredible. I can't imagine what if feels like to actually have a CHILD of my own, but I am sure it was THIS feeling times a gobzillion.

Hopefully I will be able to head down and visit the family this Saturday. I am planning to give big brother Fresh Prince some EXTRA love, because as we first children know, now is time when EVERYONE forgets about you. Although Mama L had a whole plan thought out for Fresh Prince, but then Princess Kate made an early appearance (by only a week or so, all is good in the hood).

Before I sign off I MUST tell you this hilarious story. Mama L texted me early early Sunday morning saying she was going into the hospital because she was in labor. Well, being the bff that I am I sent a text to my family informing them of the news and asking for prayers.

Well, Mama B thought Princess Kate was a month early so she ended up praying for the contractions/labor to stop. When she told me this I said "Mama B, this is fine, Babygirl is due next week so all is well". Discussions on different prayer requests commenced and then we brushed the subject away.

I was telling Mama L about this when I visited the hospital and she and her husband both look and me with these wide eyes and Mama L said "You're kidding. They had to give me pultocin because my contractions stopped!"

I was like WHAT!?!?!? NO WAY!
How incredible is that?!

Now we all know who to go to when we have an important prayer request. Mama B has a straight line to the BIG MAN it seems. Love you Mama B!

One last look at the Princess since you asked so nicely.
Babygirl ready to go home!

Awwww, do I feel baby fever?!!?
Just kidding, let's get married for a few years first P!nky!

6 comments:

  1. She's adorable!!!
    And super fun story about your mom's prayers! Man!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness. What a precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is just too precious! I love the thought of how amazing babies are, life is just incredible! Hope you have a great week!

    xx
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she is adorable! So precious and already fashionable in her pink stripped sleeper! I love the story about the your Mama B and the prayers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That is a babe! So adorable!!!! I just want to squeeeeeeze her!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!